Archive for March, 2013
and then if you are a secondary school librarian you might want to add a few of your own. Here are some from me.
- You greet student librarians with Yo G! Or it’s alternative What up G! Instead of Hello there sweetie!
- You know major players in various bizzarre sporting codes despite having little to no interest in anything remotely related to sport.
- You are as obsessed with 4 Pics 1 word as your students and you are constantly being asked for help, “cos Miss you know everything right?”
- Given that the library is gossip central you know the details of far too many teenage relationship breakdowns/startups/on holds, and constantly surprise the students by saying “oh yes I know her Mother!”
- You have become incredibly sick of telling the students to “Go ask your Mum if you can borrow her copy of 50 Shades of Grey, because no, we will not be having it in here!”
- You have to guard your Mockingjay pin because even though other staff have no idea what it is, you know that if you take your cardigan off with the pin still on it, you may not ever see it again. In general you are prepared to have your fashion sense critiqued every day by the fashionista crew who are always hanging in the library – at least that is how it seems at our school.
- You are well aware that even though the adults may have moved on from vampire romance that is isn’t dead in the hearts of some of your most loyal clients.
- You know exactly how cool you are if you show year 13 students a clip that they haven’t seen yet, but which is ridiculously funny.
- You keep having to tell the students that “versing someone is quoting them poetry, not going against them in a match!” This is a pet bugbear at the moment.
- Your students stop you in the street and say “hey Miss remember that time when …..” and you laugh and laugh.